• Closure of Newcastle Passport Office

    The Newcastle Passport Office will be closed in the first quarter of the 2016-17 financial year. Passport clients will continue to be well served by 18 Australia Post outlets that act as passport agencies in the Newcastle area. Clients who need to collect their passports for urgent travel will be able to do so at the passport office in a state or territory capital city that is most convenient for them.

    Further information about the Newcastle closure will be published soon.

    04 May 2016
  • Proving your citizenship if one or both or your parents was an Australian permanent resident at the time of your birth

    If you were born in Australia on or after 20 August 1986 and your parent/s was an Australian permanent resident, you must provide evidence of your own Australian citizenship with a citizenship certificate issued by the Department of Immigration and Border Protection (DIBP). You will need to apply for this using Form 119 Application for evidence of Australian citizenship (pdf). You should take into account DIBP and passport processing times before booking any travel.

    Further information can be found on the DIBP website.

    Your parent’s permanent residency visa is not acceptable as proof of your citizenship.

    18 April 2016
  • Passport application forms

    We are updating our paper application forms to reflect new passports legislation and policy. In the meantime, forms marked for expiry on 31 March 2016 will be accepted until 30 June 2016. New legislation and policy apply regardless of which form you use. If you have questions, ask for our flyer at Australia Post, check the content of this website or call the Australian Passport Information Service on 131 232.

    Alternatively, you can start your application using the form on this website, then print and sign the form before lodging it in person at Australia Post.

    18 April 2016