Apply or renew
Apply for a new passport or renew your passport
The rules and process for getting a passport
Are you in urgent need of an Australian passport?
Resume or track
Resume or track your passport application
Using your passport
How to use, protect and secure your passport
Report lost or stolen
Report a lost, stolen or damaged passport
From Tuesday 30 January the Perth Passport Office will relocate to our new office at Level 1, 140 William Street.
The Perth Passport Office will be closed during the Australia Day long weekend.
Passports can be collected from our new office on Monday 29 January between 3:00pm – 4:00pm.
Level 17, Exchange Tower
- Thursday, 25 January - 08:30 - 14:00
- Friday, 26 January - Closed
- Saturday 27 January - Closed
- Sunday 28 January - Closed
- Monday 29 January - Closed
New location - Level 1, 140 William Street, Perth.
- Monday 29 January - Closed (Open for passport collections ONLY between 3:00pm – 4:00pm)
- Tuesday 30 January - 08:30 – 16:00 (business as usual)
We no longer make the 66-page "frequent traveller passport".
Instead we offer a cheaper replacement passport option.
If you are a frequent traveller, and your passport has filled up but won't expire for more than two years, you can pay less for a 34-page 'replacement passport' that covers the remaining validity of your old passport.
The fee for a 34-page replacement passport (with the same expiry date as your old passport) is $178.
Otherwise you will have to pay the full fee to get a new passport with 10 years' validity.
If you are overseas, you can apply for a replacement passport at your nearest Australian diplomatic mission. If you are in Australia and require a replacement passport, you will be able to use our online application.
Existing 66-page frequent traveller passports will remain valid until they expire.
Passport fees will increase on 1 January 2018 in line with annual CPI indexation. From 1 January 2018 the following fees apply:
- 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over - $282
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over - $142
- emergency passport overseas - $178
- priority processing fee - $186
- adult overseas surcharge - $105
- child overseas surcharge - $53