Passport services over the Christmas and new year period
Passport Offices in Australia will be closed on 25, 26 December 2018 and 1 January 2019. On these days, passport clients in Australia with urgent travel needs due to the death or serious illness of an immediate family member overseas should call APIS on 131232 for assistance.
Please remember an additional fee is applicable for priority service.
From 17 December 2018 until 4 January 2019 passport offices will be operating with reduced staff and some services will not be available.
- Lodging of urgent applications due to the death or serious illness of an immediate family member overseas – once an appointment has been confirmed by contacting APIS on 131232
- Lodging of urgent applications due to unforseen circumstances requiring same day travel during this period – please call APIS on 131232 to determine if you are eligible for an appointment
- Collection of passports
Services not available:
- Walk in appointments
- Lodging routine passport applications
- Lodging PC5 (Certificate of Identity or Convention Travel Document) applications and
- legalisation of documentation
During this period, clients in Australia can continue to lodge their passport applications at selected Australia Post outlets. Please check Australia Post operating hours during the holiday period. Clients in Australia requiring a passport within two business days can lodge their application at selected Passport RAPID sites.
Passport Offices in Australia will resume all normal services on Monday 7 January 2019.
Overseas passport clients should contact the relevant Australian Embassy / Consulate for assistance.