In Australia, passport services are operating normally, although there may be some impacts to Australia Post (link is external).
Protecting all of our customers and staff is a high priority for us. When you’re at a passport office, please practice good hygiene and social distancing by covering your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and keeping at least 1.5 metres away from other people. Please don’t enter a passport office if you’re meant to be in self-isolation.
Local restrictions are constraining our capacity to provide passport services overseas. Some Australians overseas may find it hard to lodge passport applications. Staff at Australian diplomatic and consular missions are doing all they can to assist those most in need. For the latest information, monitor the website and social media channels of your nearest Australian mission (link is external).Article date:21 April 2020
If your passport has been lost or damaged in bushfires, you may be eligible for a free replacement. Call us on 131 232 for more information.Article date:2 January 2020
From 1 January 2020, increased passport fees will apply:
- 10-year passport for persons aged 16 and over - $298
- 5-year passport for children under 16 years and persons aged 75 and over - $150
- emergency passport overseas - $187
- replacement passport - $187
- priority processing fee - $218
- adult overseas surcharge - $134
Article date:19 December 2019
- child overseas surcharge - $65